Are You Ready for Real Wrestling in the state of Maryland?
This past Sunday night June the 14th 2009 was a historic night in Baltimore, MD as the face of Maryland wrestling changed forever when Real Championship Wrestling presented their debut event, “The Takeover” in front of an enthusiastic crowd of 250 faithful Maryland fans! Speculation had run rampant in the weeks leading up to the event as fans wondered what would lie in store for them at the Steel Workers Union Hall when the upstart federation kicked things into gear.
The show kicked off with RCW foundersRuckus and Derek Frazier entering the ring and addressing the crowd, welcoming them to Real Championship Wrestling. A new standard was about to be set forth in Maryland wrestling. RCW is a promotion for the great fans in the state of Maryland who have grown tired of the repetitious stagnant wrestling scene being fed to them. RCW is about real talent, real fans and real championship wrestling. As the crowd chanted “Thank You Ruckus! Thank You Ruckus!” it was announced that the commissioner of RCW was none other than Maryland legend and fan favorite, Adam Flash. Wasting no time, Flash got down to business and announced that unfortunately due to circumstances beyond RCW officials control, a couple of the wrestlers were unable to make the event. RCW officials rebooked a few of the matches and replacement talent was brought in to ensure the fans not only got their money’s worth, but were treated with respect and appreciation. Ring announcer, Larry Legend hit the ring and took the mic as the matches were set to begin.
In the first ever match for Real Championship Wrestling saw a six man tag team bout featuring some of Maryland’s finest up and coming professional wrestlers. The electricity in the air could be cut with a knife as RCW was officially in business. A standard was set in the debut match as a mutual respect was forged between wrestlers and fans as the wrestlers gave their all in the ring and the cheering crowd gave their all in return, fueling each other. In an exciting opening match full of back and forth action, the trio of Jimmy Starz, Core & Steve Diaz collecting a victory over Zach Matthews, Skull & Simon Rhyme.
“The Pride of Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles,” Greg Excellent danced his way to ringside to do battle with Ring of Honor star, “Addicted to Love” Rhett Titus. The crowd was firmly behind Excellent and against Titus as they cheered “The Johnny Cash of Corned Beef Hash” and harassed the “Rhettski Jetski.” Titus’ attention may have been on his many ladies waiting for him after the show as Excellent pulled out an impressive pin fall over the man who has shoulders like boulders and thighs that hypnotize.
In a match that saw one of Virginia’s finest wrestlers taking on one of Maryland’s best, Qenaan Creed took on John Kermon. In a back and forth contest that saw both wrestlers exchange hold for hold, fan favorite Creed picked up an impressive victory solidifying his reputation as one of Maryland’s best and most popular ring warriors.
Fans were excited when two RCW wrestlers who’s been advertized for singles matches came to the ring as a tag team. “The Black Jesus” Sabian and MCW Heavyweight ChampionRuckus, collectively known as BLK OUT came to the ring to do battle in RCW’s first traditional tag team match. When their opponent’s familiar music echoed through the PA system, fans knew they were in for a treat. “Immaculate” T.J. Cannon & “Picture Perfect” Bruce Maxwell, The Best Around walked the aisle prepared to prove to RCW that they are one of the premier tag teams to be found. As fans rained cheers on BLK OUT, TBA attacked them from behind as the referee called for the bell officially starting the match. Fans were treated to a tag team clinic as the two teams put it all on the line proving that the most exciting tag team wrestling around can be found in Real Championship Wrestling. Both teams incorporated innovative maneuvers as they battled toe to toe. After several minutes of action all around the ring and the ringside area, BLK OUT picked up the victory proving that whether in singles competition or tag team competition, they’re both a force to be reckoned with in RCW.
Following intermission in which the fans were treated to a live musical performance, the action resumed in the ring. Momentum had been growing throughout the show and the intensity in the building kept growing and growing to a fever pitch. Southern California’s own, Human Tornado strutted to the ring looking as only he can look to square off with the man from the edge of sanity, Delirious! The second half of the show picked up where the first half ended as Tornado alternated between crisp dance moves and his unique array of moves. Not to be outdone, the unpredictable masked man stayed on par with him. The Pro Wrestling Guerrilla standout and former Wrestling Society X star picked up the victory in his RCW debut. Following the event, Tornado wanted RCW fans to know that, “RCW is the sh*t! Anytime there’s an RCW show, I’ll be there!”
It was announced by CommissionerAdam Flash that due to the birth of his child, Jay Briscoe was unable to make the show. As CZW World Heavyweight Champion, Drake Younger made his way to the ring to defend his championship in his Baltimore debut, speculation spread as to who would accept his open challenge. Fans were treated to a stiff hard hitting match as Japanese wrestler Atsushi Sawada came to RCW to challenge CZW’s finest. His challenge wasn’t enough to dethrone the CZW World Champion and Younger retained his title following a pin.
RCW Presents The Takeover. Match of the night as voted by the RCW fans, B-Boy taking on Devon Moore.
RCW fans were treated to see a local standout that they haven’t been provided with many opportunities to watch perform as of late, in Devon Moore. He headed to the ring to do battle in front of his Baltimore fans. His opponent for the evening was a new face to Maryland wrestling fans as San Diego native B-Boy hit the ring. As the opening bell rang the action kicked into high gear and had fans on the edge of their seats. In a faced paced and brutally stiff match, both men gave 110% in what was arguably the best match to take place on Maryland soil in quite some time. The undisputed match of the night by fans in attendance tore the house down. Fans praise the participants with chants of “This is Awesome! This is Awesome!” The word among RCW fans following “The Takeover,” was that B-Boy stole the show and won over everyone in attendance, but as the old saying goes, it takes two to tango and Devon Moore put on an equally impressive performance in a losing effort to “The New Age Punisher.” Following his debut, B-Boy commented that he can’t wait to return to RCW to perform in front of their great fans.
In the evenings Main Event, local favorite Sonjay Dutt came to do battle against an unnamed opponent. In a surprise to fans, ROH standout Claudio Castagnoli made his way to the ring to do battle with “The Original Player from the Himalaya’s.” In a classic true main event, both wrestlers worked overtime to give the fans their money’s worth. With the crowd firmly behind Dutt, he managed to pick up the victory over Switzerland’s finest. Following the match as the crowd cheered both men’s performance, Dutt took the microphone and addressed the fans on behalf of all the wrestlers in the back thanking the fans who made a truly special night.
As the show drew to a close, fans chanted a deafening “RCW! RCW! RCW!” as not one single fan left the arena without a smile on their face anxiously anticipating the next RCW show! When asked for a comment, Commissioner Adam Flash wanted RCW fans to know that he promises bigger and better shows in the future and he encourages their feedback letting him know what they like, dislike, etc… Indeed it was a special night for everyone in attendance this past Sunday. In a true win-win situation, both fans and talent left with a feeling of happiness and fulfillment. Maryland wrestling fans know that the dream has become a reality and they now have a new home, one in which they’re guaranteed to have a good time and get more than their moneys worth.
On behalf of everyone at Real Championship Wrestling, we sincerely thank each and every fan who made "The Takeover" a reality. We realize that without all of you, we would cease to exhist. As the Carpenters once said so well, “We’ve only just begun!”
RCW's “The Takeover” Quick Results:
1. Jimmy Starz, Core & Steve Diaz def. Zach Matthews, Skull & Simon Rhyme.
2. Greg Excellent def. Rhett Titus
3. Qenaan Creed def. John Kermon
4. BLK OUT (Sabian & Ruckus) def. The Best Around (T.J. Cannon & Bruce Maxwell)
5. Human Tornado def. Delirious
CZW World Heavyweight Championship Match 6. Drake Younger (c) def. Atsushi Sawada
7. B-Boy def. Devon Moore
8. Sonjay Dutt def. Claudio Castagnoli
RCW's upcoming shows:
August Assault August 2nd, 2009 @ 7:30 PM 550 Dundalk Ave Baltimore, MD 21224
RCW "August Assault" August 2nd, 2009 @ 7:30 PM ~ 550 Dundalk Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224 1. Steve Diaz vs. Skull 2. Greg Excellent vs. Rhett Titus vs. Human Tornado 3. Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey 4. Sabian vs. B-Boy 5. Sonjay Dutt vs. Devon Moore 6. Ruckus vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Delirious
RCW "August Assault" August 2nd, 2009 @ 7:30 PM ~ 550 Dundalk Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224 1. Steve Diaz vs. Skull 2. RCW Tag Team Battle Royal 3. Greg Excellent vs. Rhett Titus vs. Human Tornado 4. Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey 5. Sabian vs. B-Boy 6. Sonjay Dutt vs. Devon Moore 7. Ruckus vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Delirious 8. The Best Around (TJ Cannon & Bruce Maxwell) vs. Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
RCW "August Assault" August 2nd, 2009 @ 7:30 PM ~ 550 Dundalk Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224 1. Steve Diaz vs. Skull 2. RCW Tag Team Battle Royal 3. Greg Excellent vs. Rhett Titus vs. Human Tornado 4. Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey 5. Sabian vs. B-Boy 6. Ruckus vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Delirious 7. The Best Around (TJ Cannon & Bruce Maxwell) vs. Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) Also Scheduled to appear: TNA X-Division Champion Homicide and Devon Moore
For the second consecutive show, RCW proved to the wrestling world that the only place in Maryland that fans will truly get real championship wrestling is in the young upstart promotion. As fans filled the Steel Workers Union Hall Sunday evening, RCW owner Derek Frazier and Commissioner Adam Flash made their way to the ring carrying a brand new championship belt. Following the moment of silence for the untimely passing of one of Maryland wrestling’s most faithful fans, Cat Parsons, business got underway. Commissioner Flash stunned fans in attendance with the announcement that the top four contenders would square off that night in a tournament to crown the first ever RCW World Heavyweight Champion. With a full card waiting to begin, “August Assault” was off and running.
1) Simon Rhyme & Zack Mathews vs. Jimmy Starz & Core: In the opening tag team contest, a couple wrestlers from “The Takeover’s” opening six man tag match faced off. Some of the finest up and coming local talent gave it their all as Simon Rhyme & Zack Mathews defeated the duo of Jimmy Starz & Core via pin fall at 6:31.
2) RCW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semi-Final Match - B-Boy vs. Sabian: The first of two semi-final tournament matches to crown the first RCW Heavyweight Champion, the star of “The Takeover,” San Diego’s own B-Boy battled it out with Philadelphia native and BLK OUT member Sabian. Fans were on the edge of their seats as the two fan favorites chased their dreams of championship gold in a brutally hard hitting and stiff contest. In what was an early candidate for match of the night, B-Boy pinned “The Black Jesus” Sabian at 11:35 to advance in the tournament.
3) Steve Diaz vs. Skull: Two wrestlers who came to “August Assault” with a score to settle were “The Mini Boss” Steve Diaz and Skull. These two local talents were on opposing sides of the ring at RCW’s debut event in tag action and were set to take their feud to singles competition. In a match that was injected with a flare of Mexican lucha libre, Skull pinned Steve Diaz at 10:31. Following what appeared to be a gesture of good sportsmanship betwixt the two, Diaz hit the victorious Skull from behind and proceeded to address the audience letting them know that from here on out, they’d see a new Steve Diaz.
4) RCW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semi-Final Match - Devon Moore vs. Delirious: In the second semi-final tournament match of the evening, Devon Moore stepped into the ring to face the masked man from the edge of sanity, Delirious. Always entertaining, Delirious matched Moore move for move in a fast paced action packed match. Following a series of near fall exchanges, Devon Moore collected the fall over Delirious at 10:11 advancing to the championship finals.
5) Ruckus vs. John Kermon vs. Steve Mack: In a three way match, fan favorite and current MCW Heavyweight Champion, Ruckus defeated “The Rampage” John Kermon and newcomer Steve “Monster” Mack at a match time of 7:30.
6) Rhett Titus & Drew Blood vs. Greg Excellent & Pinkie Sanchez: A second three way match was scheduled to take place between Greg Excellent, Human Tornado and “Addicted to Love” Rhett Titus. Ring announcer Larry Legend announced that due to travel complications, Human Tornado was unable to make the event and as a result, Excellent and Titus would face off in a one on one match. With no love lost between the two stemming from their encounter at the previous show, the two went after each other as the bell rang. In a surprise to everyone in attendance, CZW wrestler Drew Blood ran to the ring and joined Titus in beating down Greg Excellent. Commissioner Adam Flash came to ringside and said if Blood wanted to wrestle, that’s fine but it would be in a tag team match and out came Pinkie Sanchez making the tag match official. Gaining a level of revenge for his loss at RCW’s first show, Rhett Titus collected a pin fall for his team and Titus & Blood defeated Excellent & Sanchez at 12:51.
During intermission, fans were surprised to find that arguably the most dominant tag team in the history of Maryland wrestling, Dope & Creed the Ghetto Mafia, made their way to the ring. As the tag team addressed the fans and RCW officials, they put everyone on notice that they are coming to RCW in October to enter the tag team title tournament and solidify their reputation as the best tag team ever to step foot in Maryland.
7) RCW Tag Team Battle Royal: Up next was the Tag Team Battle Royal, where the last two in the ring get to choose parteners for the RCW Tag Team Championship Tournament. A ton of RCW wrestlers were in this but the last two were Sabian and Core. The RCW Tag Team Tournament will take place at "October Onslaught" on October 3rd from the Du Burns Arena in Baltimore, MD.
8) Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey: Maryland fans were treated to a bout between two of the finest women’s wrestlers to be found as Sara Del Rey faced off with Daizee Haze. The crowd was noticeably hungry for quality women’s wrestling and were very vocal throughout the match for both competitors. Daizee Haze picked up an impressive victory over Del Rey at 6:02.
9) The Best Around (T.J. Cannon & Bruce Maxwell) vs. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe): Two of the best tag teams in professional wrestling faced off as “Immaculate” T.J. Cannon & “Picture Perfect” Bruce Maxwell, The Best Around went to battle with Mark & Jay the Briscoe Brothers. After 11:47 of hard hitting action, The Briscoe’s gained the victory in their RCW debut and as a result have earned a spot in the upcoming RCW Tag Team Title tournament this fall.
10) Homicide vs. Claudio Castagnoli: TNA X Division Champion and member of L.A.X., “The Notorious 187” Homicide wrestled ROH star Claudio Castagnoli in an intense back and forth match that was two different styles clash for ring supremacy. The Brooklyn born fan favorite pinned Switzerland’s finest at 10:31 but wasn’t satisfied with simply gaining a victory. Homicide took the house mic and said he came to RCW to give someone the cop killa and wasn’t leaving until he did. He wanted five more minutes with Claudio and put his X Division belt on the line as incentive for his opponent. It didn’t take Castagnoli long to realize he’d had his fill of Homicide and he left the ringside area as the referee counted him out ending the match once and for all.
11) RCW World Heavyweight Championship Match - B-Boy vs. Devon Moore: In the evening’s main event, the stage was set for a massive rematch from “The Takeover’s” match of the night, it was to going to be Devon Moore vs. B-Boy, only this time the stakes were much higher. “August Assault” will go down in wrestling history as the night that Real Championship Wrestling crowned their first champion. Having each collected impressive victories earlier in the evening and with memories of their first match etched in their minds, fans were eager for the match to begin. Both challengers pulled out all the stops as they gave it their all trying to enter the history books. Proving that he is a force to be reckoned with in RCW, B-Boy pinned Devon Moore at 9:33 for the match and to become the inaugural RCW World Heavyweight Champion. As the crowd rained cheers and applause on “The New Age Punisher,” emotion over took him as he dropped to his knees. RCW officials entered the ring and presented B-Boy with the beautiful new championship belt as well as a trophy to commemorate the event. Following the presentation, B-Boy took the house mic and thanked the fans. As he addressed them he stated what an honor it was to be the first ever RCW champion. The journey of B-Boy’s career has lasted 11 years and his accomplishment at “August Assault” marked the first time that he has held a heavyweight championship. Congratulations go out to B-Boy for his remarkable accomplishment.
RCW "October Onslaught" Saturday, October 3, 2009 Du Burns Arena 1301 S Ellwood Ave Baltimore, MD 21224
Hey guys the tickets are on sale now at htpp://www.realchampionshipwrestling.com. It's going to be in a new building so you all need to come check it out. If you thought the first 2 show were great, make sure you are at this one because its going to blow the roof off.
$30.00 Front row $25.00 Second row $10.00 General Admission if ordered on line - $15.00 at the door.
More matches announced for Oct 3 at Duburns Arena.
RCW "October Onslaught" Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 Du Burns Arena 1301 S Ellwood Ave Baltimore, MD 21224
RCW World Heavyweight Championship Match B-Boy (c) vs. Homicide
RCW Tag Title Tournament Featuring: Jay and Mark Briscoe [The Briscoes] Ruckus and Sabian [BLK OUT] Alex York & Scotty O'Shea [The Gym Rats] Dope & Creed [The Ghetto Mafia] Joey Kings and Ethan Page and more to be announced!
RCW Tag Team Title Tournament Qualifying Match TJ Cannon and Bruce Maxwell [The Best Around] vs. ???
Human Tornado vs. Pinkie Sanchez
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Jerry Lynn
The Rematch Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey
RCW Cruiserweight Scramble Match Drew Blood vs. Steve Diaz vs. Roberts vs. Skull vs. Rich Swann
Plus: An autograph signing with WWE/ECW Superstar Tommy Dreamer
The Wrestling Nation bring you the next two matches for the huge January 16th show!
RCW "Infiltration" Jan. 16th, 2010 - Baltimore, Maryland 1. RCW Tag Team Title Match: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs. BLK Out (Ruckus & Sabian w/ Chrissy Rivera) 2. Azrieal vs. Shima Xion 3. Rich Swann vs. Bandido Jr. 4. Jersey All Pro Women's Championship Match: Sara Del Rey (c) vs. "Open Challenge"
RCW "Infiltration" Jan. 16th, 2010 - Baltimore, Maryland 1. RCW World Title Match: B-Boy (c) vs. "Open Challenge" 2. RCW Tag Team Title Match: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs. BLK Out (Ruckus & Sabian w/ Chrissy Rivera) 3. Azrieal vs. Shima Xion 4. Rich Swann vs. Bandido Jr. 5. Jersey All Pro Women's Championship Match: Sara Del Rey (c) vs. "Open Challenge" Plus: Major announcement concerning the future of "The King of Dundalk" Derek Frazier
We run down the entire card for the show on January 16th.
RCW "Infiltration" Saturday, January 16th, 2010
The DuBurns Arena 1301 S Ellwood Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224
1. RCW World Title Match: B-Boy (c) vs. "Open Challenge" 2. RCW Tag Team Title Match: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs. BLK Out (Ruckus & Sabian w/ Chrissy Rivera) 3. Jersey All Pro Women's Championship Match: Sara Del Rey (c) vs. "Open Challenge" 4. Azrieal vs. Shima Xion 5. Pinkie Sanchez vs. Rhett Titus vs. Greg Excellent 6. Rich Swann vs. Bandido Jr. Plus: Major announcement concerning the future of "The King of Dundalk" Derek Frazier
Takeover TV is back as we look back at January Infiltration to see Azrieal vs. Shima Xion as well as announce 2 more matches for RCW's Still Standing.
RCW "Still Standing" May 1st, 2010 ~ Du Burns Arena - Baltimore, MD 1. Greg Excellent vs. Human Tornado 2. Chikara 6 Man Tag Team Showcase: Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & Frightmare vs. The Colony 3. Pinkie Sanchez & Lince Dorado vs. The Osirian Portal 4. RCW Crusierweight Title Match: Rich Swann (c) vs. Skull
A last look at January Infiltration plus the Main Event for RCW "Still Standing".
RCW "Still Standing" May 1st, 2010 ~ Du Burns Arena - Baltimore, MD 1. RCW Tag Team Title Main Event: The Briscoes (c) vs. Notorious Inc. vs. Ruckus & Ryan McBride 2. Greg Excellent vs. Human Tornado 3. Chikara 6 Man Tag Team Showcase: Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & Frightmare vs. The Colony 4. Pinkie Sanchez & Lince Dorado vs. The Osirian Portal 5. RCW Crusierweight Title Match: Rich Swann (c) vs. Skull
June 5th, 2010 at The Du Burns Arena in Baltimore, MD... RCW 1 Year Anniversary "The Takeover 2"!!!